Sunday, December 16, 2007

6 more sleeps!!!

Well, needless to say I am beyond excited to go home for Christmas. I cannot wait to give my parents and sister a hug. I miss them so much it hurts. It is brutal that I can only go back for a week - but at the same time, I get to go back for a week!! I am just ridiculously excited to see my family and friends.

So we had a work Christmas party just over a week ago and the theme was Woodstock. We all dressed up and it was a blast. But we started drinking at noon and thank god Colin rescued me at 5:30pm - it could have got a bit messy (ok fine, messier...). AgResearch nerds sure know how to party!!


I have been having knit nights at my house with some girls from work for about 2 months now. Every Thursday they come over and we sit and knit and chat (gossip). I have always wanted a knitting group and never been able to get one up and running. This one is so much fun! The first one I just taught them how to knit, and now they're all working on stuff, some crochet, I do whatever I feel like doing. I am racing through Christmas presents. I have a pile of them on my desk. I must say it's my most creative year. I have made up all my own patterns. Hopefully the recipients will be happy.


Colin and Jenny are amazing. They have let us take over their living room on Thursday nights. We had our first one in my little room, but it was quite crowded, and a bit of a pain trucking all the chairs from inside out to my room. So now we just stay in the house. The kids all know that Thursday is knit night and Jenny is a very good hostess. We always invite her to come knit with us, but she hasn't yet. I think she just can't be bothered. This Thursday will be our last one of 2007, and our last one with Leanne as she is moving up to Whangerei. I hope that we pick it back up in the new year because it is a lot of fun.

I better get to work. Lots of things to do before I leave for Canada!!

No comments:

Post a Comment