Sunday, June 24, 2007

Only 2 more weeks!

Well, my trip is only 2 weeks away and I am getting super excited but also nervous. I had my tetanus shot today and I warned the nurse that I was a huge suck, so she got a nother nurse to hold my hand and I looked away and while I was talking she just jabbed it in, no warning, nothing. It was perfect. I mean the shot would never be enjoyable, but the quicker the better I think. How embarassing, 28 years old and holding a nurses hand. I can't help it - I hate needles! It was over quick though and now I am just left with an achey right arm. I feel like I am pretty much ready. I am worried about crazy mosquito bites because the little buggers love me (I must have deliciously sweet blood), but I bought a bunch of tropical strength mozzie repellent and plan on bathing in it every day. I know what I am going to pack too, I have a checklist. It's a pretty small one, it will be interesting to see how I cope with 2 outfits for the whole trip. I shudder at the thought. I just know that I have to carry my pack everywhere and the lighter the better. How exciting!! I am so not the backpacker type. This trip could make or break me, and my relationship with AJ. We haven't spent that much time together, I haven't seen him in 4 months, and soon we will be together for a month, day and night. I'm going in with a positive attitude. It's scary, but it will be a blast. And I cannot wait to get out of cold, wet and windy New Zealand. I've had enough rain and wind for awhile. I can't wait for the sun and heat! And especially after the brutal past month I am so looking forward to this trip. Only 2 more weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment